I Have One Eye That Opens More Than the Other. (photo)

i can see perfectly with both of them . and they move normally . it's just that one of them opens more than the other

Doctor Answers 3

You have bilateral upper eyelid ptosis.

The left side is worse than the right.  A detailed consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon will determine if you need surgery just on the left upper eyelid or if you need surgery on both upper eyelids and which type of ptosis surgery procedure would be right for you.  Due to your hollow sulcus, my bias would be to perform anterior levator resection ptosis surgery repair.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Ptosis both sides

Your photo shows ptosis more on the left than the right. You may need surgery on both upper lids depending upon your examination. When the left upper lid is elevated, you will likely see the right upper lid descend even more. The best option for you is to see an Oculoplastic surgeon who performs ptosis surgery often and has experience with the fine points of repair. A skin incision approach will give you the best results. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

I Have One Eye That Opens More Than the Other. (photo)

Thanks for your photo. You have a droopy upper eyelid ( a.k.a Eyelid Ptosis). This is correctable by Surgery. You should see a Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options. You should look at your photos when you were a child to see if you were born with this condition. If it is a mild case of ptosis, it is not obvious when you are a child but as you get older it becomes more noticeable.Best Wishes

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 73 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.