Dorsum and Columella Built from Costal Cartilage: Can't Breath, What Should I do?

I am now 56. I have relived the following story in my mind thousands of times. When I was 20, I went to an ENT about getting a deviated septum repaired. He asked me if I wanted him to remove the bump from my nose. I asked, "What bump?" His comment was, "you don't see a bump, I don't see a bump." The morning of my surgery, it came up again. He drew two profiles of noses, one with a bump and one without. I told him to go ahead and remove it. Over the next 8 years, I had about 8 revisions.

Eight revisions for rhinoplasty

After eight surgeries it is little wonder that you are having trouble breathing through your nose.  There is, undoubtedly, a great deal of scar tissue built up which restricts breathing.  I recommend seeing a rhinoplasty revision specialist .  Further surgery, unfortunately, is fraught with risk.  Get at least two opinions.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Eight revisions for rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS