I had a breast augmentation two weeks a today - Have I got a hematoma? (photos)

Hi, my left breast has more bruising and swelling than my right. I dont know weather it's still early days and the swelling is just from the bruising as I'm not in excoriating pain it's feels the same as my right breast. I'm seeing my doctor Wednesday to check my stitches etc but wanted to see if I have anything to worry about. I have attached photos and any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks x

2 weeks post op

Based on the photos you have provided it doesn't appear that there is anything abnormal. I always advise my patients to err on the side of caution so it's best to call or follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon, with any post operatve questions or concerns. Thank you for your question.

I had a breast augmentation two weeks a today - Have I got a hematoma?

Hello!  Thank you for your question!  While I do not appreciate an obvious hematoma or any significant size difference in your breasts, it is difficult to determine on photos alone.  Bruising after surgical procedures is not uncommon.  I would certainly call your surgeon for any questions or concerns.  If any significant change in sie, swelling, pain, appearance...or any further symptoms develop, immediate medical attention should be sought.  Hope that this helps.  Best wishes on what already appears to be an excellent result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Based on reviewing your photos and your question, I do not appreciate a clinical hematoma.  I would still recommend following up with your plastic surgeon this week for evaluation.  It is very normal to differences in amount of postoperative swelling several weeks after breast augmentation.  This gets better with time and massages.  Good luck!

Have I got a hematoma?

Concerns such as these cannot be answered by a photo or internet opinion. To play it safe you should let your sugeon know right away if one side is different or more painful.

Do I have a hematoma?

From the photographs you have provided, it does not appear that there is a grossly obvious size difference in the two sizes as well as an inordinate amount of bruising that would suggest that you have a hematoma. It is not uncommon for one breast to be more swollen or more slightly bruised than the other. Your operating plastic surgeon will be your best source for device on your postoperative care. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Post operative swelling

In general after a breast augmentation I tell my patients that they have had the same operation on both breasts so both breasts should act similarly.  Some slight variations are ok and from your pictures I can't tell that there is anything terribly abnormal going on.  You should always err on the side of calling your surgeon for any post operative concerns or questions. 

Hematoma?

Based on the photos, it doesn't appear so.  There is more bruising on one side than the other but that's not unusual.  Typically, a breast hematoma after augmentation is not subtle.Of course, if you or anyone else has a concern regarding a hematoma I would suggest you contact your surgeon's office right away.  

Scott Thellman, MD
Lawrence Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma after BBA?

Thanks for your question and photos.  It is difficult without and exam, but you look overall fairly symmetric.  You do have some slight bruising on the left compared to the right. Certainly, small differences in swelling and bruising can occur from one side to the other. If there is any question, best to contact your PS and see him/her before the weekend as they will be the best one to evaluate you and give you an accurate answer.  Best of luck.

Do I Have a Hematoma 2 Weeks After Breast Augmentation?

Dear Phoenix, Thank you for posting your photos with your question. It doesn't appear that you have a hematoma of the left breast, just some bruising. However, I recommend that you call and notify your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon about your concerns, because they might want to see you before your Wednesday follow up appointment. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Hematoma?

From the photos, it does not look like you have a hematoma. But, symptoms like severe pain, a lot of bruising, one breast much larger than the other, and a physical exam would help determine if you do have a hematoma.