Still not happy with results at revision (Photo)

On 3rd of December I had my tummy tuck and breast lift . But since then have had a revision due to not being happy with dog eats and fatty area on upper stomach but I'm still not happy and I don't no why my stomach looks so awful after. Please could you tell me why it's like this and what I need done? In the picture I have bruising from recent Lipo 2 weeks ago . Could you also answer if I'm ment to have a fatty vagina area after or is that ment to be pulled with my tt

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 weeks post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
If the fter six months post-op, I recommend you send us your photos again, to give you more information about how we can solve this problem.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Still Not Happy with Results

Well, the first thing I can tell you if you are not happy with the results of your surgery is to see your PS and have everything evaluated in person. There are options to have other procedures completed if additional lifting is needed, but your previous surgeon would know the best how to handle this. I hope you are able to get additional revision taken care of safely. Best of luck.

Unhappy with Revision

Thank you for your pictures.  In my opinion, the quality of your skin (stretch marks) will lend the result to be "stretchy".  Having said that, I believe that your result can be improved by lipoabdominoplasty.  Best Wishes

Mommy makeover expectations

Thank you for the question and photos.  I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with your mommy makeover results and that the results have not met your expectations.  I would encourage you to post your before photos as well as what you wanted to achieve in terms of your results.  Doing so will allow the plastic surgeons here to provide more specific opinions about what can and cannot be accomplished.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Dr Derby

It is difficult to give you a exact answer because i do not see any before photos. As i can see in the photos you have lots of excess skin and fat pockets still which indicate that you were of some weight and size before surgery. I feel that based upon this your results look very decent. Unfortunately the poor skin quality does not help when it comes to the appearance of stretch marks and fluffy skin.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Still not happy with results at revision

Thank you for your question and photos.  I am sorry to learn you aren't happy with your mommy makeover results, particularly the tummy tuck.  It is difficult to make an assessment without your before photos to judge the improvement that you've had.  There are some limitations to tummy tuck based on skin elasticity how much fat it is possible to remove. Visceral fat, or fat behind the abdomen is not possible to remove through tummy tuck  or liposuction but only through weight loss.  It is not at all uncommon to have the extra little dog ears following surgery which is a pretty easy touch up procedure, and it sounds like you've already had this revision. There is always going to be a little laxity in the tummy when seated.  Please let your plastic surgeon know exactly what it is you are currently unhappy with, and I'm confident they will be able to address your concerns.  If not, it might be worth considering a second opinion from another board certified plastic surgeon with extensive body contouring experience.  Best of luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Revision

I think you have decent results. You did not show a before picture which helps a lot to give an opinion. I think your body fat composition and poor skin elasticity limit the results obtainable.

Tummy tuck and breast lift?- unhappy even after revision

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck and breast lift.

• I am so sorry you are disappointed.
  • An exam is needed to fully answer your questions -
  • It also isn't clear what as done at your revision.
  • But here are some thoughts -
  • The fat of the pubic area can be removed with liposuction. It is not a routine part of a tummy tuck.
  • You may need additional liposuction but one can't tell for sure from a photo.
  • Your stretch marks show all the skin in the area has lost its elasticity. Surgery can't change that.
  • Standing up your skin is not loose - it is always loose sitting down otherwise we couldn't stand straight. 
  • I suggest you discuss your concerns with your surgeon in another month, when liposuction has healed.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS