Do you think a tummy tuck and liposuction will be best? (Photos)

You think a TT or lipo would be better?

Far more important than deciding if TT is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Do you think a tummy tuck and liposuction will be best?

Yes, I do believe having those performed at the same time will give you a good result.  I would recommend liposuction to upper and lower back.  I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation to determine the best treatment options to achieve your goals.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Tummy tuck or liposuction

Looking at the picture, I would say you should consider a tummy with some liposuction to treat the back rolls. 

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
but for better results in your procedures i recommend you have a BMI less than or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Can I combine liposuction with another procedure? The short answer is yes but really limited. Firstly, we are only allowed to remove 1000cc or 1 liter when we combine procedures. The patient should know that when

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Tummy Tuck and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Tummy tuck and liposuction?

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck and liposuction.

• If you are able to lose enough weight to get a good result, then definitely you should have a tummy tuck.
  • At the moment, you appear to be rather too heavy for a good tummy tuck result.
  • To find out it this is correct, go on-line and calculate your BMI (enter BMI calculator)
  • You type in your height and weight - and it gives you a BMI reading.
  • If it is 30 or lower, you are an excellent candidate for surgery.
  • If it is 30 - 35, surgery is possible but you won't get such a good result.
  • But if it is 40 or higher, surgery is unlikely to help you much -
  • If weight loss is a problem, as it so often is, a gastric bypass procedure can help you lose weight - and get fit and then get a lovely surgical result
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Yes

Based on the pictures you have provided, a full tummy tuck along with liposuction of the upper back and bra rolls along with the waist and hip rolls will give you the best overall result. You need to be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated to determine the amount of visceral fat that is present which can only be reduced with diet and exercise prior to a tummy tuck to obtain the best result.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula 

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can have a physical examination and review of your medical records to determine whether you are a good candidate or not. Depending on what your BMI is, you may benefit from a Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty. This procedure is the combination of liposuction and a traditional tummy tuck. During a tummy tuck I tighten the diastasis rectus muscle which brings in the waist then I cut out the excess skin to achieve overall, a smaller waist with a nice flat abdomen and a thin scar hidden below the bikini line. Then the use of liposuction will help remove any excess fat deposits along with creating a nice, smooth silhouette. I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results and that they remain at their goal weight for at least 6 months before having surgery done for optimal results.  It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Planning for Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and photos. Before planning a cosmetic surgery such as Abdominoplasty, I would advise you to lose as much excess fat as you can through diet and exercise, then stabilize at a healthy weight for a few months. The risks for complications are higher in obese patients and your likelihood of getting an optimal, long-lasting result would be lower with excess fat in the abdominal area.

I recommend that you get your Body Mass Index measurement below 30, and preferably below 25 then meet with a board certified Plastic surgeon for consultation and planning.

All the best