When can you sleep on your side after a breast augmentation?

Sleeping on your side after a breast augmentation?

Hello and thank you for your question. Sleeping on your sides should be avoided for at least 4 weeks. This might not always be the case and will depend on your surgeons suggestions and on your case in particular. Be sure to address this and any other doubts you may have with your plastic surgeon.

Dr. Miguel Mota

When can you sleep on your side after a breast augmentation

Each surgeon has a different protocol with regards to post operative guidelines. We recommend patients sleep on their back for 6 weeks. Ask your surgeon. 

Regards 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Sleeping on side after breast augmentation

Every surgeon have their own protocol. I alow my patient to sleep on side after 3 to 4 day.Please  follow your surgon  advice about the  sleep and other physical activity

Milan Doshi, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Sleeping on side

Thanks for your question. I prefer my patients to sleep on their backs for 4-6 weeks. But I know this can be difficult, and many of my patients admit to sleeping on their sides and have not had any problems. Several of my patients have bought themselves large "V" shaped pillows. The point of the "V" points upwards, and the shape of it does let you sleep partly on your side, but without putting any pressure on the breasts. You might find this useful.

Anthony Barabas, MBBS
Cambridge Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

I would recommend following the post-operative instructions of your plastic surgeon because every surgeon has slightly different protocols. I usually recommend that my patients sleep on their backs for the first week. If after a week, everything is healing nicely and the patient is comfortable to do so, they can then sleep on their sides or stomachs but every patient heals differently so it is really a case by case decision. Best of luck. 
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Sleeping Position

I advise my patients to sleep on their back or side as comfortable. Keeping the head of bed slightly elevated for the first couple weeks is also advised. Talk to your Plastic Surgeon about their preferred post op protocols.

All the best

When can i sleep on my side after breast augment

You should speak to your surgeon as each surgeon's post operative instructions vary.  We recommend to wait at least 4 weeks and see how you feel.  *

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Sleep

Most women are comfortable enough to sleep on their side by the fourth week. However, please ask you surgeon what is best for you.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Sleep position

I feel this recommendation will differ from surgeon to surgeon, but I usually recommend not sleeping on your side until about 4 weeks. Good luck with recovery.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Side sleeping following Breast Augmentation surgery

Thank you for your question. Our Breast Augmentation patients are advised to sleep on their backs with the head of the bed at a 45 degree angle for the first 2 weeks post-operatively. After that time, they may gradually ease into sleeping on their sides. However, it is always best to check with your own plastic surgeon's office for their recommendations.