How long does it take to actually see your size? Will it show when the tape is taken off? (photos)

my breast still look small i was a 36a suppose to went to a size c doesnt look like it

How long does it take to actually see your size after breast augmentation?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.

From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play. You may be pleasantly surprised wants to be "drop and fluff" phenomenon has occurred. You may also be happier once the swelling AROUND the breast implants dissipates and the implants' shape and projection become more visible. Patients often report that they are happier with the cleavage area once these changes occur also.
From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about. Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.
  In your case, I would suggest continued patience and continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon.
Best wishes or an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term. 

How long to see size

Thanks for your question and photos.  It is very difficult, based on your photo, to estimate if you are now a c cup.  That being said, I always advise that you wait a good 4-6 months before considering your final result.  Best of luck.

Breast augmentation - concerned about your implants.

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• When the tape is off, you will see the implants.
  • If they are over the muscle, you will see the more or less final result.
  • If they are under the muscle, they will tend to ride high.
  • If you are concerned they are too small, let your surgeon know.
  • I assume that you and your surgeon did a fitting so you could choose the size implant you wanted.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The implants may swell asymmetrically, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Final Result Breast Augmentation

I tell my patients it takes about 3 full months to see your final result. Patients who have had children will see their result faster than someone who hasn't since the skin has already been stretched out with pregnancies. 

Leo Lapuerta, MD

How long does it take to actually see your size?

Several days post-op now, are you satisfied with your surgery? Finals results are definitely not immediate, and you will be happier as time heals the muscles on the inside and your implants settle in. Already with the tape still on, I can see a good difference between the two pictures you provided. If after 3 months of healing you are still not satisfied consult with your plastic surgeon (or any board certified PS) for a consultation on what your future options are. 

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD