I am getting a Mommy makeover plus a Brazilian butt lift. How would I be able to sleep having those procedures????

Sleeping arrangement

Thank you for your question. Having a mommy makeover (breast implants and/or breast lift and tummy tuck) AND a brazilian butt lift (liposuction all over the body and fat transfer to the buttocks) are two procedures I generally DO NOT do together. 
The combination of these surgeries adds hours to your total time spent under anesthesia and adds potential for complication not to mention the fact that finding a comfortable position in the weeks following your recovery will be nearly impossible. After a breast lift and/or implants  I tell my patients they are to avoid laying on their breasts as it can cause damage and complications- also it would just plain hurt. Same goes for the tummy tuck, you don't want to lay down on a fresh tummy tuck and apply pressure that constricts blood flow to the healing bellybutton and bikini wound. After a BBL I advise my patients to avoid direct pressure on their butts for similar reasons.

You should really have a sit down with your plastic surgeon and ask why he would advise coupling these procedures and maybe if you're the reason- you should think about the health benefits you'd reap from doing them separately.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover - BBL + Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your question. I do not think it is a good idea to have a tummy tuck and BBL at the same time. I believe you will have better results if you stage the procedures. First do liposuction to harvest fat from the hips, flanks, thighs, and abdomen. This fat can be used for the BBL. Once you have recovered from Stage 1, a full tummy tuck can be performed. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who commonly performs these procedures. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps and good luck.

Find the right surgeon

Pregnancy and motherhood are wonderful and exciting times in a woman’s life. Many women, however, will experience unwanted permanent physical changes that are not always desirable. All too often, women find it emotionally and physically difficult to adjust to these new changes in their bodies affecting their self-esteem and personal self-image. These changes vary greatly and range from stretch marks and varicose veins to the more significant changes such as, smaller and sagging breasts, enlarged waist with redundant skin and larger hips.
Fortunately, there are many treatments available to correct or improve these common post-pregnancy changes. Many of these procedures are non-surgical or relatively simple outpatient surgeries. Some treatments are possible because of new technology such as lasers and liposuction developed in just the last few years. These surgeries are commonly known as the “mommy makeover”.

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!
I have also attached a video for a possible Mommy Makeover Candidate.

Mommy Makeover and BBL?

Consider undergoing liposuction and fat harvest with BBL prior to your tummy tuck and perhaps with any breast surgical procedure.  Tummy tucks have a higher risk of complications specifically DVT (deep vein thrombosis) and PE (pulmonary embolism) and by stretching and lengthening the anesthesia the risk is higher and the recovery more difficult.   Better to be safe IMO.  Discuss all options with your ABPS plastic surgeon.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Dr derby

If you have a fat transfer and tummy tuck it is best to sleep on the side , with lots of pillows to support your legs and back. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Sleep position after BBL and mommy makeover

You will need to sleep on your side if you are having a fat transfer to the buttock and a breast augmentation/ tummy tuck. Discuss this in more detail with your plastic surgeon.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD