I would like to do liposculpture on my belly and on my inner thighs? What's the process?

Can I get a quote?

Liposuction Price

I, like a few other colleagues offer online consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and discuss what will be the proper treatment to achieve the result you desires.

Dr. Luis Redondo

Liposculpture Can Flatten Bellies and Sculpt Thighs

In my practice, we use tumescent liposculpture to permanently remove fat from areas such as the belly and thighs. Tumescent means “to swell.” We use a special solution to fill and swell the fatty areas that are being targeted. The solution contains a local anesthetic that numbs the area, so that general anesthesia is not necessary. It also contains adrenalin to shrink the blood vessels and minimize bleeding. The fat is then suctioned through small straw-like tubes and permanently removed from the body. Most patients are able to return to normal activities within a week. Consult a board-certified dermatologist to find out if liposculpture is the best procedure for you, and to get a quote.

Douglas Wu, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

First step is to find a reputable surgeon

I suggest you consult with several reputable plastic surgeons.

Ask what their experience is, review your before-and-after photos and look for online reviews.

Get a sense of overall honesty of the practice.

Be careful with those offering the very lowest prices.

That said, those who charge the most are not necessarily the best.

While virtual consultations are often done, an in-person meeting, in my opinion, is always more desirable.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Costs of lipo

Often it is not the best approach to find the cheapest plastic surgeon. Does the surgeon specialize in this procedure? What are their credentials? How long have they been in practice? What percentage of their practice is cosmetic surgery? How many of these surgeries have they performed? Do they use the latest techniques? What do their results look like? Do they have photos to show of their work? Do they provide follow-up themselves, or will you only see the nurses (or even just an assistant)? Are they available by phone for an emergency or does one of their staff answer after-hour calls? What is the impression you get from their office and staff? Are they professional and informative? Do they know what they are talking about? You need to ask yourself all of these questions.

The prices can vary from state to state, and city to city. We charge for liposuction per area. The abdomen (upper and lower side to side) is one area. The waist (from the ribs to just above the buttocks from side to side around the back) is one area. The thighs (both inner and outer) is one area. Our costs, including the board certified plastic surgeon's fees, board certified anesthesiologist's fees, operating room, labs, garment, vitamins, and follow-up at 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months 6 months, and every year after forever, are listed below. If you need more follow-up appointments, those are free as well. The cost per area does go down as you add more areas:

One area: cost per area around $5000. Two areas: cost per area round $3200. Three areas: cost per area around $2500

When comparing quotes from different doctors, check to make sure that the costs you are quoted are for the same thing! For instance, often the cost per area is quoted as lower, yet the abdomen is comprised of upper and lower, and sometimes even lateral areas (2 to 4 areas for the abdomen, instead we consider the entire abdomen one area) or the thighs are inner and outer (2 areas when we consider the thighs one area). Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Also check to see what type of anesthesia and facility you are going to be treated in. If the total price is lower but you are not going to receive proper anesthesia from a board certified anesthesiologist, then are you getting a better deal (or inferior treatment)? If the facility is not a certified outpatient surgery center but is an in-office procedure room, is the difference in safety worth the cost reduction? If the doctor is not a board certified plastic surgeon, is that worth the discount in the fees? I would say the answer to all three of these questions is no!

This is your body, make sure you are making decisions based on the quality of care, the experience and training of the doctor, and proven results. Cost alone should not be the deciding factor.

Lipoesculpture process

If you are considering a lipoesculpture procedure, it is important to first research the procedure and learn as much as you can about it so you will understand what the procedure entails. Then it is important to research qualified plastic surgeons that could perform the procedure. Then it is important to have an evaluation to see if you are candidate for the procedure. There are so many options available today. I am located in Cancun, Mexico and we deal with alot of Medical Tourism patients that come from the USA and Canada for procedures such at Liposculpture. Also online evauations are available by email and skype where the patient can send their photos for evaluation along with their detailed expectations. We also like to send detailed information regarding the procedure and what the patient can expect before and after the procedure. So the process begins with educating yourself about the procedure and then seeking advice from a qualified board certified plastic surgeon. Then once you find the right doctor, you will be guided step by step.

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Your first step is to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consult.  He or she can determine whether you are a good candidate for these procedures.  Cost will really vary on your situation and the surgeon, so it isn't possible to give you a cost via this forum.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon