I have 20 years with my kidney transplant - I'm not on immunosuppressant medication can I get a laser lipo?

Lipo after kidney transplant

The tumescent liposuction that is the standard of care for liposuction uses lidocaine, epinephrine and saline solution with added bicarbonate. The main concern with toxicity is the lidocaine that is cleared through the liver, not the kidney. I do not see any specific problems with you getting the liposuction as long as your nephrologist or PCP discusses this with you. We have done many cases of cosmetic surgery or and liposuction in patients with kidney transplant as long as they are otherwise in good health.

Lipo after kidney transplant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}