Can I get fat transfer for my breast if i am skinny?

i weight 100lb and i am 5'3, can i get fat transfer to my breast? and if so, does it leave scar the procedure? thanks!

Fat transfer

If you are skinny and have no donor fat available, then no, you may not have a fat transfer. The fat is removed with liposuction. There will be a small scar where liposuction tube is inserted.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer in thin patients

their is always somewhere a plastic surgeon can find some fat to suction and then transfer to your breasts, it just depends on how much is available and what the goals of the procedure are.

You need some fat to transfer to your breasts

• You need to have some fat to transfer. Most skinny people still have some fat in their bums. Often they don't want to touch that area though. Nonetheless, if you have some fat and wonder if you would be a candidate, then see a plastic surgeon that does a lot of fat transfer.
  • Not all plastic surgeons do fat grafting well. It is very meticulous and fat must be gently removed and processed prior to being injected.  Injection needs to be done drop by drop to get the best survival. Many great plastic surgeons don't have the patience for this surgery. Make sure that your surgeon does a ton of this as part of their practise.  Otherwise you will pay to have fat transferred that does not survive in the end.
  • Dr Rodger Shortt is a plastic surgeon in Oakville.  He is the Director of the Cosmetic Surgery Training Program and an Assistant Clinical Professor at McMaster University.  He strives to provide the best possible plastic surgery results and excellent care to patients from the GTA including Oakville, Toronto, Mississauga, Georgetown, Milton, Burlington and Hamilton.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

You must have excess fat somewhere on your body that can be liposuctioned and then injected into your breasts. You should see a board certified PS to see if you are a candidate.