Can I get fat transfer for my breast if i am skinny?

i weight 100lb and i am 5'3, can i get fat transfer to my breast? and if so, does it leave scar the procedure? thanks!

Doctor Answers 4

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your question. About 60-70% of the grafted fat survives.  At 6 months you will have a good idea of your results. Some women have a second or third procedure which continues to increase your volume safely. The best way to assess if you have donor fat available and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Fat transfer

If you are skinny and have no donor fat available, then no, you may not have a fat transfer. The fat is removed with liposuction. There will be a small scar where liposuction tube is inserted.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Fat transfer in thin patients

their is always somewhere a plastic surgeon can find some fat to suction and then transfer to your breasts, it just depends on how much is available and what the goals of the procedure are.

Can I get fat transfer for my breast if i am skinny?

You must have excess fat somewhere on your body that can be liposuctioned and then injected into your breasts. You should see a board certified PS to see if you are a candidate.

Erika Sato, MD, FACS
Houston Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 96 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.