Chin augmentation with hyaluronic acid. Any suggestions?

I had a chin augmentation in January 2016 with a Nagor implant and my chin is still weak, can i refill my chin with hyaluronic acid to see how will i look if in the future i decided to change for a larger implant?? Even with my implant.

Chin Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello!

Yes. You could try to add hyaluronic acid injectables, or you could even inject sterile water, which would be absorbed within 24 hours. If you are happy with the result of the added volume, then you could increase the size of the existing implant

*Opinions stated here are only opinions. They are not based on a clinical examination which is recommended. They are not based on a clinical exam which is recommended.*

Chin implant + fillers

Thank you for your question. A chin implant will provide you with more projection than fillers would. However, filler placed on top of an existing chin implant can indeed help you get a better idea if you need a larger chin implant down the road. Filler is a good bridge for determining if you need an implant and you are unsure about the decision to get surgery for first timers or even someone like yourself unsure if a larger implant will give you your desired look. Discuss with your board certified plastic surgeon. 

Wish you all the best,

Dr. Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Chin augmentation in January 2016 with a Nagor implant and my chin is still weak, can i refill my chin with hyaluronic acid to s

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.  A dermal filler could be added to the chin area for further augmentation pending possible placement of a chin implant providing additional projection.

Hope this helps.

HA filler

I like your idea of using a temporary filler to see if you would like the results of more volume and projection in the chin area.  A larger implant may be your best option eventually.  This is a good conversation to have with your surgeon.
Best regards

Dr. C

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon