Chin augmentation with hyaluronic acid. Any suggestions?

I had a chin augmentation in January 2016 with a Nagor implant and my chin is still weak, can i refill my chin with hyaluronic acid to see how will i look if in the future i decided to change for a larger implant?? Even with my implant.

Chin implant + fillers

Thank you for your question. A chin implant will provide you with more projection than fillers would. However, filler placed on top of an existing chin implant can indeed help you get a better idea if you need a larger chin implant down the road. Filler is a good bridge for determining if you need an implant and you are unsure about the decision to get surgery for first timers or even someone like yourself unsure if a larger implant will give you your desired look. Discuss with your board certified plastic surgeon. 

Wish you all the best,

Dr. Mentz

Chin augmentation in January 2016 with a Nagor implant and my chin is still weak, can i refill my chin with hyaluronic acid to s

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.  A dermal filler could be added to the chin area for further augmentation pending possible placement of a chin implant providing additional projection.

Hope this helps.

HA filler

I like your idea of using a temporary filler to see if you would like the results of more volume and projection in the chin area.  A larger implant may be your best option eventually.  This is a good conversation to have with your surgeon.
Best regards

Dr. C

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon