3 weeks of Tummy tuck. My belly button got detached from skin. What can I do? (photos)

My surgeon did the stitches a second time and my bb got detached again. He told me to keep it clean and dry. It'll take time but it'll heal he said. I need to hear other opinions. Thanks

3 weeks of Tummy tuck. My belly button got detached from skin. What can I do?

Greetings

Thank you for your question. At 3 weeks postoperatively, it is probably the best and safest advice to keep the wound clean and allow it to heal on its own as your doctor is suggesting.  Placing additional sutures in this thin, traumatized tissue is not a good idea. Once you have completely healed, scar revision may be needed.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Healing Concern?

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear of your healing issues. I think it is best to allow the umbilicus to heal on its own at this time. Placing additional sutures in this thin, traumatized tissue is not a good idea. Once you have completely healed, scar revision may be needed. Hope this helps and good luck.

Belly button wound healing problems

Thank you for your post and sorry to hear about your wound issues.  At 3 weeks postoperatively, it is probably the best and safest advice to keep the wound clean and allow it to heal on its own as your doctor is suggesting.  Attempting to reapply sutures to tissue that is somewhat friable will likely result in the same problem you're dealing with now.  Your body WILL heal the wound in time.  Once you have healed everything, you can consider scar revision if appropriate.