I am type 2. I get a red, smelly rash under my breast. Does Medicare cover Breast lift?

I lost 145 lbs I have today's options Medicare ins does it ever cover breast lifting

#plasticsurgery #breastlift #breastreduction

Hi karencool, thank you for your excellent question. I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and formulate a surgical plan that is tailored specifically to your health and needs. When setting up an in-person consult with a plastic surgeon look for someone who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.    Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Insurance and Cosmetic Surgery

Congrats on losing your weight!   Medicare and other insurance companies do not cover cosmetic surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD