What should I do for my wide nostrils? (Photo)

Hello, I am 22 years old(female). I have a wide nostrils. Every time I take a picture, it always shows I have a very wide nose. It decreases my confidence especially if I am having a formal ID picture. What should I do?Is there any non-surgical solutions? If I will take a non-surgical, is it permanent? Do it cost a lot? I believe someone can help me. Thank you!

Nostril reduction

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty will not reduce the width or flare of nostrils. It may, in some cases, be used to lower the rim of the nostril. For reducing the flare or width of the nostrils, alar base reduction/alar base modification is the most effective, permanent option.

Nostril reduction

Hi.  Your picture is very limited.  I need to see your entire nose and your face to see how wide the nostrils are. The only way to actually reduce nostril width is surgically but i need to see better pics because if you reduce the alar base width then your tip may proportionately look wider afterwards necessitating a tip change as well at the same time to avoid that.  Also if the bridge is wide and flat that can also give the illusion of wider nostrils too.  That could be addressed non surgically but all of this depends on accurate analysis which come down to better pictures.  

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril Narrowing

Wide nostrils can be narrowed but not non-surgically.  The best recommendation is to consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD