Am I a good candidate for FUE?

I am 18 and i have female androgenetic alopecia since 4 years

female androgenetic alopecia since 4 years

Unfortunatelly there are 2 problem about hair transplantation for ladies:  First, the donor area that we obtain all hair follicles may be under affect of genetical hair loss ( you may have a diffuse hair thinning pattern) and because of that, after restoration procedure transplanted hairs would be also thin and not enough for restoring preexisting hair. These thin hair stock may not satisfied woman patient after surgery and not providing life long guaranty; so we would not able to get results as successfull as in men..Secondly, let’s assume that we found before operation that  woman has a strong donor site on her back and sides of head, we have to shave all hair short to harvest hair follicles just before operation. So it is really a socially terrible condition for a woman to having almost no hair and it causes daily life restrictions. Only after 10 days of operation, patient can use a hair prosthesis to cover the area … Or in some cases let’s say, the patient needs a limited hair transplant  (1000-1500 grafts) we can harvest hair from a partially shaved area on donorsite that long unshaven hair able to cover the shaved area .

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.  There is no way to tell if you would be a candidate online.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant at 18 years old

I strongly recommend you meet with a medical professional for a good review of your health.  I also recommend you meet with a hair loss expert for a plan to stop the loss.  Then finally you can discuss options to restore your hair.  You may consider SMP as a restoration option.  Again, I believe you must find options to stop your hair loss from progressing.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE in female

You will need an extensive workup by a good and competent doctor in this field.  Read my post below on female hair loss.  If you havea thinning, the best cosmetic treatment is scalp micropigmentation which will make you look like you have much more hair and the see-through to the scalp will be minimized. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Candidate for FUE - 18 years old

Without photos and a history it is impossible to know what your needs are.  However, if you are losing your hair already it is very important for you to meet with an expert in hair restoration and develop a plan to treat your hair loss and prevent further loss of hair. 

Ryan Welter, MD
Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon