How Do You Address Dog Ears After Tummy Tuck?

I had a tummy tuck and some weeks later i went in to get my dog ears taking care of. And he only removed the pointed skin! i still have dog ears now! What do i do?

Addressing dog ears after tummy tuck

This happens on occasion with abdominoplasty. There are options. A completely non invasive option would be CoolSculpting. This can freeze the fat and deliver an improved contour. More traditional options are some liposuction, or resection of skin/soft tissue. This is a much smaller procedure than the original surgery and is usually well tolerated. The cost will depend on the extent of the surgery, the method used, the cost of the surgery center, and if the original surgeon is doing it. Please speak with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Let him/her know your thoughts.  Together, you will figure out a plan.

Dog ear revision

Dog ears are the result of gathering of the skin and fat at the ends of an excision. The wider the angle at the ends, the more of a dog ear you get. The dog ear can be reduced by either extending the excision until the angle is fairly acute and the excess skin removed, and/or by removing the underlying and surround fat to allow the skin to "lie" down and contract.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD