Doctor told me my liver enzymes were higher than normal. Will I still be able to get my BBL done? It's in two weeks!

I just got my CBC test done my hemoglobin is 14.3 I been taking folic acid, vitimin c, complex b, and iron pills everyday like my surgeon wanted me too and my doctor said that might be the reason why they are high. Hepatitis A,B, & c is ruled out. I'm nervous because I been waiting for my surgery day which is in exactly two weeks and I'm not sure what to do now /: I already paid for my plane ticket and took school off. Wondering if I'll still be able to get the surgery done?!

Liver Enzymes and BBL

Thank you for your question. consult with your surgeon about other possible causes for your liver enzyme elevation and the next steps to take. You can verify your results by taking the tests again.

BBL like every surgical procedure has risks involved that are increased or reduced by the condition of your body. Ensure you are making an informed decision to have your BBL completed at this time. Be safe and good luck. 

Liver Enzymes and BBL

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I will have to say that I'm very sorry to hear about this issue. If they're not extremely high, I don't think may be a problem, but is always better for you to repeat your tests and consult with your surgeon what can be done or if you will have to wait for them to normalize. 

High liver enzymes

Thank you for your question.  I am sorry to hear about that.  Sounds like you have been doing everything your surgeon has instructed.   I would check with your surgeon, but they will probably repeat them to confirm.    If the elevation is minor, it may not be an issue.  However, if there is some liver dysfunction, you would be at risk for anesthesia complications.  Best to check with your surgeon.  Good luck.  

High liver enzymes

You need to clarify this with your surgeon as this will depend upon degree of elevation and potential causes.