Best Doctor to Fix Severely Crooked Nose in California?

I am 17 years old. My nose has bothered me for a long time. My nose is very crooked, one of my nostril is retracted. I have a big hump and a big tip. I would like to find someone closer to home that is good at fixing these problems. Thanks

Doctor Answers 9


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would go to a few consultation to see what you would like to do this procedure. It is always good to pick a few doctors and see what they say.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 62 reviews

Fixing a crooked nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You need to find an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. And there are many. Simply seek several consultations and choose the one whose results you like the best.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Nose with Large Hump and Tip

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A rhinoplasty would be the operation to correct the multiple nasal features you dislike. Look for an experienced surgeon whose results in noses like yours look natural.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Expert Rhinoplasty Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would suggest that you seek consultations with several surgeons who have experience in both the functional and aesthetic aspects of rhinoplasty surgery. A good Rhinoplasty surgeon will have multiple rhinoplasty patients in different stages of recovery during your consultation. I typically have a patient that is post op by a day or so and a patient that is ready for splint removal and then patients in various stages of rhinoplasty recovery for my consultations to speak with. Speak with many patients and discuss their experience. Look at the before and after photographs and see if you see some similar noses that look like yours. I personally use a digital imaging computer with my consulting patients and this allows me to show the patient the proposed result. This can be very helpful in determining what aesthetic result you and the surgeon are proposing. Since you are 17 years old and are a minor make sure you discuss this with your parents and they will need to be with you at the time of your consultation. Best regards

Michael Elam, MD
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 218 reviews

Best nose doctor for crooked nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are a number of excellent nose surgeons in the bay area.  I would suggest that you seek consultation with several doctors and have a discussion with them about what bothers your nose.  It is very important to feel comfortable with your surgeon and for you to feel that they have answered all your questions to your satisfaction.    Also, ask to see examples of their work.  Since you are under 18 it will be necessary to you to have your patients come with you to the consultation.  Best of luck.


Donald M. Brown  M.D.  F.A.C.S.

Board certified Plastic Surgeon

Board certified Otolaryngologist (ENT). 

Donald M. Brown, MD (retired)
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

Best nose doctor

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I believe Hayward is in the East Bay area. If so Dr. Ronald Gruber is a well respected surgeon and acknowledged rhinoplasty expert. Good luck!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

Best Doctor to Fix Severely Crooked Nose in California?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 Because you are under 18 years old, please share this answer with your parents.  The primary factor in selecting a plastic and cosmetic surgeon for your Rhinoplasty, IMHO, should be their ability to understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face. 

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose along with the other problems you described can be done. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Based on what you have described, you likely have some underlying anatomic issues that need to be evaluated and addressed.  I would recommend seeking out a facial plastic surgeon who has extensive background in head and neck surgery as well who can correct any underlying anatomic problems that may be contributing to your crooked nasal appearance.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can better assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.