My nipples are not symmetrical. Am I a candidate for scar revision?

I'm currently 4 months post-op from a breast lift no implant.

Candidate for Asymmetrical Areolae Correction

Candidates for Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) surgery are women who have #saggingbreasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging. Often times the sagging is too great to be treated by implants alone. Women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume.  One side can be tightened more or less than another.

Breasts or nipples are often asymmetric. They can be lifted differently.  One side can be reduced or the breasts can have different size implants or different amounts of fat added to improve symmetry. Usually if you have already had one procedure it takes at least 12 months before a revision can be done so that the healing process is complete. You will need to visit a local certified plastic surgeon for a consultation for your next procedure to make sure that everything is ready to go.

Asymmetry postop

It is difficult to answer your question without photos. That being said, scar revisions or small touch ups for asymmetry are usually fairly easy to do if necessary. The question is: is the asymmetry significant enough to warrant another procedure? Some degree of asymmetry is normal in all women, but if it bothers you a lot, you should see your original plastic surgeon to discuss options.  Good luck!

Robert Cohen, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Breast enhacement

Hello and thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear that you are not pleased with the shape of your nipples. Natural nipples are not symmetric at baseline. If you would like your nipples to be symmetric I would discuss this with your surgeon. Best Wishes Theodore T. Nyame MD  Harvard Trained Plastic Surgeon

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician