Slight fever and tired.

I am 17 days post op from my BA (submuscular). My temperature is 37.4 (99.3 fahrenheit), and I feel very tired and a have a headache (despite al lot of pain medication). Normally my temperature is pretty low. My implants are not red or swollen. The right breast might seem a bit more painful than before (but I hope this is because of the healing process - different types of pain). I can also feel the implant in the bottom (inframmatary fold). Do you think I might have an infection?

Do I have an infection?

Hi! I would definitely contact your surgeons office and let them know the symptoms you're experiencing. They may want to see you for a check up. 

Best of luck to you.

Fever and headache 17 days after breast augmentation

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• This is a new development in your recovery -
  • So please call your surgeon and arrange to be seen.
  • You truly cannot tell what is going on but fatigue is one of the earliest signs of an infection.
  • Feeling the implant in the breast crease is not an issue - it should sit there.
  • Very early treatment of infections can save the implant -
  • Established infections usually require removal of the implant 
  • So give your surgeon a call now.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon