Normal to feel your breasts are way smaller than expected after a BA? Had NOTHING before, then got 350cc - still SMALL. (photos)

I'm having such boob greed after my BA, which was ten days ago. I know it's a bit early to say anything, but I feel I didn't get the result I wanted. I got 350 cc's moderate plus in both. I guess I should have got 400/450 cc. Even worse, I've heard the breasts will only decrease in size, as soon as swelling subsides. Will it be better for me to have a revision surgery in six months already, to get the look I want, in stead of feeling misearble? I am 5'9 tall and 140 lbs. 12.5 cm breast width.

Early Post-op

Thank you for your question and photos. It is still too early to make or feel strongly about your results. Give your recent surgery time to settle and then re-assess in 4-6months. Stay in touch with your PS.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

If you are not satisfied with the overall volume,  then I think that it is a good idea to wait about 4-6 months before considering a revision.

Boob Greed

I would not be too concered as your breast will be defined in shape as the swelling goes down.  Also, an increase by only 50cc is not a significant enlargement. 

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Breast size after augmentation

It is very common for some misgivings about size after breast augmentation. I agree several months are needed to allow healing and settling before reevaluating your options with your plastic surgeon. Keep close follow up during this time.

Psychology of breast implants

Dear Smilla90,

Although it is becoming less common for women to be disappointed with their breast augmentation breast size due to the advent of breast sizing systems and computer imaging programs, it does still occur.  In your case, your tight tissue characteristics may have limited the size breast implant.  The usual recommendation after breast augmentation surgery is to wait at least 6 months to allow for tissue relaxation, implant settling and incorporation of the new breast size into the self image and then re-evaluate things.  If you remain dissatisfied at that point, your skin should have stretched enough to allow a larger implant placement.  Good luck!

Normal to feel your breasts too small after breast augmentation?

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you are experiencing after breast surgery. Given that you are very fresh out of surgery, it is quite likely that you are experiencing significant “emotional ups and downs” unnecessarily. You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 

In other words, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed; your breasts will undoubtedly change over the course of the next several weeks/months.   The vast majority of patients with your concerns at your stage in the recovery process, turn out to be much happier two to three months after the procedure was performed.

For example, many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting. Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. 

Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change. Do your best to stay emotionally even keeled. I would suggest continued patience and continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon.  In the longer term, if you have the same concerns, re augmentation surgery can usually be performed safely (depending mainly on the specific patient's anatomic limitations).

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.