What to do about hard spots after Smart Lipo?

I had smart lipo 10 weeks ago and I have two long hard areas in lower abdomen on both sides. The hard areas are right in my waist line. My abdomen still looks swollen, I massage the areas everyday and use heat. This is very stressful and I do not know ow what to do.

Massage the hard spots after smart lipo

Massage will expedite the resolution of hard areas after lipo. It needs to be a firm professional style massage and it should be done frequently. The best time to start is right after the procedure, but it's not too late to see benefits.

Smart Lipo

It is not unusual to experience swelling and lumps for several weeks after surgery.  Deep tissue massage can expedite the healing process.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Hard Spots Solutions

Swelling and lumps can last 3-6 months after treatment. I recommend adding RF treatments (Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Vanquish) along with shock/vibration therapy Cellutone/z wave and hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. Best, Dr. Emer

Smart Lipo

Some degree of firm spots is normal and usually temporary for several weeks to months. Warm massage, compression, avoidance of waistbands digging in, etc are all helpful during the healing process.

Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended.