What is the difference between ultrasound lifting and silhouette lifting?

I am considering a procedure to tighten and lifting the skin on my face. Could you please tell me the differece between the ultrasound lifting and silhouette lifting and which would give the more dramatic longtime results?

HIFU and Silhouette lifting

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

One is instant one takes 3-4 months to work. OK, more on your question. HIFU such as Ultherapy uses  ultrasound to generate controlled heating, over time this stimulates your collagen to give a 'lift', thread lifting, especially with silhouette threads uses cones PLUS collagen stimulating compounds. This provides an instant lift, plus collagen stimulation over 3 months. With HIFU there is no downtime, with thread lifting, expect bruising for a few days. The main things to consider apart from downtime is the quality of your collagen, as patients who have poor collagen (sun damage) or have little facial fat are not good candidates for Ultherapy, but are better candidates for Silhouette lifts. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Silhouette InstaLift vs Ultrasound Lifting

Thank you for your question. Ultrasound Lifting is a non-invasive method that uses ultrasound energy to lift and tighten the skin without any downtime. Silhouette Instalift on other hand is a minimally invasive procedure that is able to target the deeper layers of skin on a patient’s face and neck. This new target area makes the procedure stand out from existing procedures that only treat the surface or outer layers of the skin. InstaLift has absorbable lift sutures that tighten the skin and stimulate collagen as they dissolve over time. Results will continue to improve for up to several months after surgery.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Silhouette Lift - Minimally Invasive, Less Painful

Ultrasound lifting or tightening  is one of many techniques used to lift the tissues of the face and neck. The thermal effects are applied to the deeper layer of the skin and by doing so new collagen formation occurs. The Silhouette Lift relies initially on the mechanical effects of lifting the skin and subsequently there is new collagen formation caused by the placement of the small cones which are placed beneath the skin. Ultrasound treatment can be uncomfortable and may require cooling fans, relaxation techniques, squeeze balls and if necessary oral analgesia . Usually one treatment  may be required. Silhouette Lift usually involves three sutures per side of the face and can be done under local anesthesia. It is a less painful procedure than ultrasound. Regarding longevity of the procedure there have been no controlled studies that I am aware of comparing the  two techniques. Most likely the results would be comparable. The difference probably is the comfort level of the procedure. There might be a slight difference in cost comparison, however, both seem to be safe procedures with photographable results. They are probably best for patients with earlier signs of aging. Patients with more advanced signs of aging are likely better serve with the traditional face lift procedure.

Lifting the skin and skin tightening

The best procedure I have found to lift and tighten the skin is the Thermage procedure.  I have seen patients relate that they had little effect with ultrasound and a great deal of pain. We have had great results with all areas of the face and body in tightening the skin.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Thermage and lasers.