What's the Difference Between Lux 1540 Fractional Laser and Palomar IPL Laser for Acne Scars?

I've done my first treatment with the palomar fractional laser IPL on my acne scars, and I would like to know if there is any difference between those two laser and also if the laser that I'm using now is well recommendate to any type of acne scars? thanks

1540 Fractionated Laser and IPL

The 1540 laser and the IPL (intense pulsed light) are two completely different instruments. The benefit of IPL on acne scars is limited to reducing their redness but is worth trying if they are pink or red. The 1540 laser is an excellent treatment for undulating depressed acne scar but not for "pit" or "ice-pick" scars, or for "crater" scars. Several treatments are necessary for optimal results with the 1540 laser but there is a high degree of patient satisfaction after at least three sessions.

Chicago Dermatologist

1540 vs IPL for acne scarring on the Palomar Icon

These are two different devices.  The IPL treats red scarring well. It penetrates more superficially on the skin, and can have some rejuvenating effect. The 1540 goes deeper and has more collagen remodeling. I tend to use both if there is excessive redness. IPL would not be my first choice for that, I prefer 1064nm ndyag such as laser genesis. 

Adam Gropper, MD
Aventura Radiologist