What Is The Differences Between Size to Size in Cc's?

Hello I put 485cc extra high silicone implants, in front of the muscle! At the time I was undecided between 450cc and 500cc and the doctor put 485cc _ , and I think I should have put 500cc, 15cc but I also think that it makes no difference right? Given, speaking on extra high profiles, from how many cc that makes the difference between one size and another? 50cc? 100cc difference? Regards

What's a cup size in bra and #breastimplants ?

Thank you for your question.  In breast augmentation surgery, one cup is approximately 200 ml in breast cup size (would be 250cc in cooking term but the implant will compress your breast tissue over time, hence the 'clinical' correction of one cup = 200 ml).  1cc = 1 ml.

Now 15 ml = ~ 1 tablespoon.  So an additional 15 ml would not have made a significant change, clinically.  So no worries.

Hope this reassures you.  In good health, Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto top plastic surgeon, Toronto and Richmond Hill, board-certified, 416.929.9800

15 cc would not be a noticeable difference. This is one tablespoon in volume in an implant with over 32 tablespoons of volume.

I don't know where you are writing from. I find no extra high profile implants of that volume from the three US manufacturers. Near that volume, usually the interval in sizes is about 50 cc. If they make a 485, it is highly unlikely that they will make a 500. 

I don't understand the last question. The size variance between implants in that size range is, as mentioned about 50 cc. If you are thinking getting larger implants, I doubt 50 cc would even be a noticeable difference. Think at least 100 cc or more. And whether that size would be appropriate I cannot tell without photos and measurements, or better yet an in person exam.

Discuss with your surgeon. All the best. 

Questions about breast implant sizes

In general, every 200 cc of implant volume will increase breast size by 1 cup size.  If you are looking to make a substantial change then you should consider going up by 100 to 150 cc.  Also remember that time, weight and gravity are not on your side so the larger the implant the greater the chance for post operative stretch deformities.  

Implant differences

To truly appreciate a size difference, you probably want to have at least a 100-150 cc implant volume change.

Cup size and implant volume

cup size and implant volume

please see my previous posts on this topic.

15cc is a table spoon and wouldn't matter even with an A cup breast.

In your range you will need 100-150 cc to make any significant difference.

thanks  jh

Fifteen cc's equals one tablespoon or about half a shot glass of volume. Different manufacturers and different style implants as well as differences between sizes vary. It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon.

What is the difference from size to size in cc's?

Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.  However, about 125-200cc should increase each cup size. 

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

High profile silicone implants

You are right, you would not likely notice a 15cc difference, you probably need at least a 100cc larger implant to notice the difference.

Dennis Dass, MD

Size difference between implants

Patients frequently fret over tiny amounts of volume difference between breast implants but the fact is that it takes about 100 cc's for you to really even notice a difference.  You are just letting a number bother you unnecessarily.

Breast implants and cup sizes

In general about 150-200cc is a cup size.  The taller and larger a patient is the more toward 200cc/cup and shorter thinner women more like 150cc. This is ONLY an approximation and no surgeon can guarantee a certain cup size.  15 cc is 1/2 oz of fluid.  This is about the size of a walnut.  This is not going to make an appreciable difference in size..