I have been doing mild chemical peels on a regular basis but still have acne. Should I increase the frequency of the peels?

I did chemical peel,but still getting acne. I have done 10 peels every one n half month. But still im getting acne. Can i do more peeling within one month of interval? Will it have any problem in my skin? Im doing mild peels.

Chemical peels can help with acne

The peels help removed dead skin and unplug pores.  However, as acne is due to oil production, plugged pores, and a bacteria that eats the oil, it is important to treat your acne from many different angles.  We typically have you on a vitamin A cream to unplug the pores, a topical that kills or suppresses the bacteria, and other medications that can lighten the spots after acne or ones that can control the oil.  It usually takes 6 months to clear acne on a good regimen, and 8-12 months to lighten the spots.  Ask your Dermatologic Surgeon what is right for you.

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Chemical Peels for Acne

Acne is multifactorial.  I would suggest you go to a dermatologist for consultation to see if your persistent acne has a hormonal etiology.  It may also be that you need antibiotics in addition to the chemical peels.  Please let me know what happens.