Stretched Ear, Blowout Costs? (photo)

My ears are stretched to 1 1/8 inch. When I was at 1/2 inch I had a "blow out" in my right ear. From my understanding it is where you push the inside of your ear out. I was young and in a hurry to get to a bigger size so I ignored it. How much would it cost to have the lumpy "blow out" removed? and with it being so overwhelming is it possible to have it removed and my lobe not be to thin to continue stretching but yet still look normal? thanks!

Cost for stretched and blow out of earlobes

Earlobe reduction usually cost between $500 and $1500 dollars depending upon the complexity of the correction, the surgeons experience, and city in which the surgery is being performed. Most offices can arrange for payment plans. Banks, credit cards, Care Credit, Proper are just a few of the companies that offer plans. Many are no interest for 12-18 months.
Geographic costs and names of experienced doctors can be found on Real Self or the websites for the American Society of plastic surgeons for the American Society of aesthetic plastic surgery

Blowout of a gauge piercing

Our office specializes in earlobe reconstruction and we often see patients who have a blow-out of their piercing holes. Most procedures are performed as an outpatient procedure. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Stretched Earlobe Repair

Hi stretchedears,

Costs can very tremendously by region and by the experience of the surgeon. In our practice in Portland, Oregon, we charge $500 per ear. It is done under local anesthesia (with the option of oral sedation) in our office procedure room.

Thanks and good luck!

Michael Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe repair costs

In our office we charge $250 for small repairs, such as a torn out or elongated piercing from large earrings. For larger holes due to gauges, which require signficantly more work, we charge $400-$500 per ear.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Gauged ear repair cost.

The surgery to repair gauged ears or blowouts is a simple outpatient surgery. The cost is usually $500 per side.

Gauges and ear lobe repair

Repairing the lobe can be done after having gauges. They tend to be a bit more vascular than the straight forward torn earlobe.

Earlobe gauge repair

Repairing earlobe gauges is really a pretty simple procedure.  Fortunately, you can remove a good sized portion of the lobe and there will still be plenty left to make a new one.  Actually, they look better if made a little on the small side. I usually charge about $250 to $350 per side.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Earlobe Repair with Enlarged Piercing Tract

Earlobe repair in patients with more routine enlarged piercing tracts generally costs about $500 per ear.  However, with such distortion the earlobe, a much more extensive procedure is warranted and the price is likely to be double per ear.  A complete consultation is required for further information.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon