What procedures can I do to either remove my dorsal hump or make it less noticeable? (photos)

I want to make my dorsal hump less noticeable. I would like my producer's outcome to be perminate.

Dorsal hump

Hi,
You are a good candidate for a closed rhinoplasty procedure to reduce the hump on your nasal dorsum. This technique is less invasive than the open rhinoplasty procedure, therefore a quicker recovery.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Surgery is the best way to remove dorsal hump on nose

Only surgery works for your requested refinement. It is called rhinoplasty. Seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon to learn more about it.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Two options

It is possible to do both nonsurgical and surgical options to improve the appearance of your nose. Obviously a surgical rhinoplasty would remove the dorsal hump permanently. If surgery is not an option, then a nonsurgical rhinoplasty can be done to camouflage the appearance of the hump.

Sandy Sule, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal hump

Permanent improvements can be accomplished with rhinoplasty surgery. The hump can be lowered slightly for a beautifully enhanced profile. Best regards

Sean R. Weiss, MD, FACS
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Addressing a small dorsal hump

Dorsal humps is a common feature rhinoplasty patients which to address.

It's challenging for patient's with small dorsal humps, because they still need surgery if they want to permanently address the hump.

The hump is not an isolated structure. It is related to the area above it (radix) as well as the tip position. Rhinoplasty is about creating balance to the nose in relationship to the face. 

It's best to have an in person consultation with a rhinoplasty surgeon who can evaluate your nose by physical exam and photographs to determine the safest treatment options available to you. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgical rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal

A surgical rhinoplasty is required to remove the dorsal hump, since it is composed of both bone and cartilage. Once the dorsal hump has been removed, osteotomies of the nasal bones are then required to close the open roof created from the hump removal. For many examples  and more information, please see the video and  the link below

Options For A Dorsal Hump Include A Relatively Easy Surgery Or Even Easier Injections

You have 2 options.The first would be to smooth the hump surgically. This could likely be done in an office setting with a local anesthetic and a very small amount of sedation.  The incisions would all be inside the nose. Depending on the size of the hump when seen in person, it's possible you may not even have any bruising.You would likely look very good within 10 days.the second option, although not permanent, would be to use a small amount of injectable filler above and below the hump to give your nose a nice smooth appearance.This literally takes several minutes to do and can last oftentimes for more than a year. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD
Greenwood Village Facial Plastic Surgeon

What procedures can I do to either remove my dorsal hump or make it less noticeable?

Hyaluronic fillers can elevate the depressed area and produce a modest cosmetic improvement. They generally last 6-9 months. Micro-fat grafts are a more permanent filler, but require a more involved procedure. There are synthetic permanent fillers, but most plastic surgeons would warn against using them, especially in the nasal area because of the long term potential complications. The most reliable and permanent result can be achieved with an artistically performed conservative natural appearing rhinoplasty.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of each procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

In select cases, a non-surgical rhinoplasty may lead to improvement of a small nasal dorsal hump.

In our practice, many patients with small dorsal humps may consider microdroplet Silikon-1000 treatments, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this helps you.

Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal hump

if you are looking for a permanent solution, I'm afraid that surgery is the safest and only way to accomplish that.  Permanent fillers such as silicone can be dangerous around that area.  A non-permanent filler such as restylane or juvederm work great, however, they will only last about 9 months to a year on the nose. 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon