Frustrated Had Gastric Bypass 2 Years Ago. Now Anorexic. What Type of Dr Can I See for 2nd Opinion?

I am 5'8" start weight was 250# now weighing in at only 102#. Need to find doctor to take my situation more serious and quit referring me to nutritionist. What type of doctor do I go see. I am desperate and in need of help. I struggle with maintaining weight and tolerating diet. Malnutrition has become a problem.

Doctor Answers 1

Treatment for anorexia after gastric bypass

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You should first see the bariatric surgeon who did your operation.  There may be a mechanical cause for your inability to eat.  If tests show that everything is normal, then you may be referred to a mental health professional.

Bloomfield Hills Bariatric Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.