Does having diabetes type 2 affect my having a mommy make over?

Being diabetic shouldn’t affect your candidacy for a mommy makeover.

Thanks for bringing up such an important question. As long as your diabetes is well controlled, you should be a good candidate for a mommy makeover. If I were your surgeon, I would consult with your managing primary care physician to discuss your medical history with diabetes and ensure that he or she has no concerns about your ability to safely tolerate the mommy makeover procedure. Visit a board-certified plastic surgeon for a consultation to discuss the specifics of the surgery and evaluate your candidacy.

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

MM for a diabetic

Most Diabetics can have plastic surgery safely. To minimize risks, you, your diabetic doctor along with your plastic surgeon need to make sure that your diabetes is under good control before and after the procedure. Although some complications may be increased, such as infection, the odds are generally in your favor that you will do OK

Diabetes type 2 and mommy make over?

Well controlled diabetes is not a contraindication to mommy makeover surgery and/or other elective plastic surgical procedures. Always best to check with your primary care physician or endocrinologist for “medical clearance” prior to surgery. Managing your diabetic medications around the time of surgery (to avoid hypo as well as hyperglycemia), while you will have altered oral intake, will be important. I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Does having diabetes type 2 affect having a mommy makeover?

Type 2 Diabetes should not affect your candidacy for having a mommy makeover. I would want to know what your A1c levels have been within the last 3-6 months. If they are not controlled, I would recommend seeing your physician that treats your diabetes. Once your levels are under control and remain steady, we can proceed. If your A1c levels are controlled already, I don't see any reason why you couldn't proceed with a mommy makeover with regard to your diabetes. Of course, we always take a look at your general health overall to determine candidacy for surgery.
I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your excellent question.  As with all aesthetic surgery procedures it is important to medically optimize any preexisting medical conditions, such as diabetes, prior to surgery.  Having diabetes does not affect your ability to have a mommy makeover, but tight sugar control will be needed to help minimize risks during the recovery period. Hope this helps.

Mommy makeover in a patient with diabetes.

Provided your diabetes is under control you should be a satisfactory candidate for a mommy makeover. The risks are slightly greater but nothing exceptional.

Diabetes and surgery

Thank you for your question.   It depends on how well controlled your diabetes is.  Diabetes leads to poorer healing and can cause complications especially if it is not well controlled.  If your diabetes is well controlled. your weight is under control and is optimized and if you would be a candidate for surgery, there shouldn't be a reason why you couldn't have surgery.  You would need a medical clearance from your primary care physician prior to surgery.  All the best, 

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make-over and diabetes

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over and your diabetes.

• If your diabetes is under good control and you are otherwise healthy, you should be able to have a mommy make-over.
  • If you aren't sure, ask your regular doctor to check you and adjust your diabetes medicines as needed before your consult a plastic surgeon.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.