I have a gynecomastia problem. Recently doctors did liposuction. Is it okay to remove gynecomastia with liposuction? (Photo)

These are my pics after liposuction and what about the recovery and areola tissue it seems to fuss but not up to that extent

Male Breast Reduction Techniques and Healing

The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Gynecomastia and liposuction.

I perform excision of the gland in every case.Time will say.Give it at least a  month.

How should I choose a surgeon?

Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully only a board certified PLASTIC SURGEON. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection. 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3. Gynecomastia surgery Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering? 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Lipo and gynecomastia

True gynecomastia is glandular overgrowth.  Gland is not amenable to liposuction unlike fat (which is).  Thus, it is impossible to tell without an evaluation.  But swelling of the areola can persist for months.  I almost always excise the gland in cases where the goal is to reduce male breast size.

Tim Neavin, MD

I have a gynecomastia problem. Recently doctors did liposuction. Is it okay to remove gynecomastia with liposuction?

Sometimes, liposuction surgery can be quite effective, especially when a large component of the "problem" is adipose tissue (lipoomastia).   On the other hand, if the major concern is breast tissue, care must be taken to ensure adequate removal (often, in my opinion, best done with direct excision);  otherwise, patients will end up with too much residual breast tissue and displeased with the outcome of the procedure performed. Best wishes, in your case, for an outcome, you will be very pleased with.