Is it normal for lips to get swollen after mucocele surgery?? Does the area get white after the surgery?

Hello! I had a mucocele removal surgery on Saturday. My lips got swollen really bad. I also developed some white coating in my scar area. I visited him on Monday. He said to continue taking ibuprofen.The area is still swollen only a bit reduced and suddenly it started a bit burning. My stitches are still there. How long will it take for my lips to get back to normal and is that white thing normal to have after a surgery? Will having tight stitches change my lips shape?

Lip Surgery

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you continue to follow the recovery instructions provided by your surgeon. The swelling and discomfort you are experiencing are normal for a patient in the first few days after surgery.Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon