Would getting CoolSculpting on my flanks affect a future pregnancy in any way shape or form?

I would like to get my flanks cool sculpted but have a fear that this procedure will affect my ovaries and hinder me to conceive. I haven't read a woman's real self in regards to getting cool sculpting and having a successful pregnancy after.

Cool Sculpting and getting pregnant

There is no effect on fertility with Cool Sculpt. However if you are currently trying I would personally wait until you have your child. That is what I would advise my own client, however if it's years down the road then love handles are an excellent area for Cool Sculpting. Hope this helps. If you go to Zeltiq's website Ibelieve you can access the medical studies supporting it's safety. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting and fertility

Dear Taylor 1465:

Please be assured that CoolSculpting has absolutely no effect on fertility, no matter where on the body it is performed.  It only affects the fat in the subcutaneous layer of the skin. No deeper tissues are affected.

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting has no affect on fertility whatsoever. If you are interested, I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and determine if you are a good candidate. An in-person assessment is always best. Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting Has No Effect on Fertility

Fear not, Taylor1465. There's absolutely no evidence that the CoolSculpting procedure affects fertility in any way. The treatment targets subcutaneous fat, a layer above the deeper tissues of the body, including the reproductive system. If you're fertile now, you will still be fertile after a CoolSculpting treatment.

CoolSculpting and Pregnancy

CoolSculpting has no effects on fertility or trying to become pregnant. This type of procedure treats the subcutaneous layers of fat and does not effect any tissue, organs etc. Please note, however, if you are trying to become pregant or are pregnant this is not something that is recommended. I would recommend having CoolSculpting done 6 months post pregnancy. 

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy after CoolSculpting

There is no issues with getting pregnant after the CoolSculpting treatment. there have been no documented effects on fertility or problems with the pregnancy afterwords. 

All the best
Dr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

CoolSculpting Does Not Affect Fertility

CoolSculpting will have no affect on fertility.  It is a non-invasive procedure that only targets and treats the subcutaneous fat.  It uses a vacuum applicator and only treats the subcutaneous fat it draws in.  It does not affect any deeper tissues.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Coolsculpting and Fertility

Coolsculpting has no effect on future fertility.  We have many patients who have had Coolsculpting for various areas of the body and have had children later on.  For the best cosmetic results please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting on flanks

Coolsculpting is a Non-Surgical approach to reducing the number of fat cells in the subcutaneous layer of your skin. It works by applying suction to the overlying tissue and then when the fat which is drawn up into the applicator is subjected to a lower temperature for an hour the tissue initiates a cell cycle which directs those affect cells to enter a apoptotic state. This results in a 20% reduction of the number of fat cells in the treated areas. While any medical treatment carries with it a risk, I am not aware of any cases where it affected ones ability to become pregnant following treatment. This would be a good question to ask the treating physician as you enter into your consultation.