Am I a good candidate for BL/BA with 600 cc? (Photo)

I am waiting for a quote from the doctors i want to see. But reading some of the reviews i didn't know if i can get 600cc i want them up there and perky again. I think i have the skin for it. If you look at the pics you can see. i carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs. 5'5" 180 lbs. Any suggestions would helpful. Thanks

Be realistic and choose a plastic surgeon who is honest about what they can achieve.

Unfortunately, you indeed have several anatomic issues that will make achieving a full, "perky" look rather difficult.  I do have significant concerns that the volume of implant that you have mentioned will likely work against your long term results without much potential for obtaining your desired outcome.

First off, your chest is very long.  Meaning that you will always have a long distance between your collarbone and the top of your breasts, no matter how big the implant is.  Are very large implant will temporarily cause that area to fill in, but over time, the extra weight will result in stretching of the lower part of the breast, causing that fullness to diminish and the looseness to recur.

Secondly, your skin reveals quite a bit of excess laxity.  That means that any procedure you do to tighten things will not last as long and will be very sensitive to any increase in the volume of the breasts (see above).

Nonetheless, with realistic expectations, I do feel that you can see nice improvements with the addition of a reasonable size breast implant and tightening via a breast lift.  The specific recommendations really demand an in person consultation.  More often I am referring patients to their state plastic surgery society for information on good plastic surgeons in their areas. See the link below to the Georgia Plastic Surgery Society.  I firmly believe that membership in one's state Plastic Surgery Society is a very good gauge of that surgeon's reputation among his or her is reassuring to know who other plastic surgeons trust and respect.

Best of luck

Am I a good candidate for BL/BA with 600 cc?

Based on the photos you have provided - you are a very good candidate for mastopexy ( breast lift)-- that is the ONLY way to bring your breasts back to a perky look. Implants alone will not make your breasts perky-- only larger-- I do not recommend it. 

Breast lift with implants

Hi.  The breast lift is the essential part of correcting your breast shape.  While you can certainly add a proportionally-sized implant to the surgery for more fullness, 600 cc is too heavy, and will likely stretch out your lift results faster than a more conservative size, leading to an early re-do.

600 cc will exagerate your current look and 600cc will weigh your breast further down.
You will need a Lift + Implant and even then I am not sure if your Breast Tissue can resist the weight of a 600 cc implant. What that means, is over the course of 12 - 24 months your implants will start to droop and your nipples will point to the sky. You need to discuss these with your Plastic Surgeon who recommended 600 cc.

Breast Lift and Implants

You would definitely benefit from a breast lift, which reduces the skin envelope while reshaping the breast tissue into a more youthful and perky shape.  Sometimes implants can also be added for more volume, but this increases the complexity of the operation and recovery and so must be done by someone with a lot of experience.  

Many techniques exist in breast surgery, and the key is working with an expert, board certified plastic surgeon to get the best plan for the individual.

I hope this was helpful. Please let me me know if you have any other questions regarding the procedure. Thank you and good lick.  Dr. Campbell

Based on your photos you require a breast lift. I would not recommend going with a 600cc implant as this will work against your results. Please seek a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon to go over you options. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Lift first

Based on these photographs you would definitely benefit from a lift.  I would suggest you wait to heal before adding a 600 cc implant.  This would increase the safety of the surgery.

Lift with 600cc implants

Thank you for your question and for the photos.

I do believe that in your case, judging by the photos, that you need a breast lift because you have significant drooping of the breast.  You also have a breast  that is relatively low on your chest and this will always be the case.  I usually combine a lift with an implant.  In your case, however, if you are looking for a larger implant, I would do your procedure as two separate cases.  The lift followed by the augmentation.

Having said that, I don't recommend that large an implant because over time it will tend to stretch out the lower breast and cause recurrent sagging.  You do have to have realistic expectation regarding what is possible with surgery.

Best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Could I tolerate a 600cc. implant?

Good luck to you. recommendations for you have to involve the use of a full lift, either alone or in combination with a breast implant.  I have had success in doing these procedures together, on occasion.  This decision can only be made properly when you have had an examination.  Please let your chosen Plastic Surgeon carefully consider this before you have made a decision.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

I would recommend lift and implants

I think you degree of breast sagging (ptosis) would warrant a formal breast lift and placement of implants.  This can be performed separately or during one procedure. Make sure to see a board-certified plastic surgeon. 

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon