Pre tummy tuck - Had a deep Innie belly button, now looks like flat swollen and almost an outie. (photos)

Will this resolve to an innie? Full tummy tuck done 7 days ago. I am swollen which I can appreciate, plus have a small seroma which I'm hoping will go away of its own accord. My belly button looks ok, but I am really hoping it is just swelling and that I will be left with an actual hole and an innie?

Innie

Thank you for your question. Once your swelling goes down the belly button should shrink in size. The belly button also swells after surgery. It normally takes at least 3 months for the swelling to go down and for it to look normal. If it is still swollen after 3 months your plastic surgeon can easily revise it for you. 

Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty

Thanks for your question and for the photos.  Congrats on having the surgery.

It is too early to worry about the umbilicus.  They are always swollen for the first couple of weeks, then settle out.

Give it time and then follow up with your Plastic Surgeon.

Best of luck.

Dr T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Tummy tuck

Since it has only been 7 days since your procedure, it is too early to judge the results. Typically, with scar contracture you will get more of an innie belly button. You should follow up with your surgeon and follow their recommendations. Good luck!