What size Permalip Implant do you suggest? (photo)

Im 29 & have very thin lips.I had a bit of filler in my lips before, I liked the result but it didn't last long and didn't make my lips as big as id like, plus I dislike the lumps you can get from fillers. I would like for my lips to look natural but naturally big(no duck lip)my face and other features are small.what size for top and bottom would you suggest? I also wish to decrease the length from my top lip to my nose. Is that a whole other surgery or can this be achieved by the lip implant?

Lip filler and lip lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for asking about your lip filler and lip length.'

• Since the permalip implants run small, I suggest that most people have the largest size implant - size 5.
  • This will not shorten the length of your upper lip -
  • If the upper lip is too long, a lip lift can be done. 
  • Like lip implants, this is a short office procedure that can be done with local anesthesia.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Permalip Size

Thank you for your question and pictures.  Most of my patients which opt to have Permalip have once had lip filler, therefore to make it easier to understand a 4mm lip implant would be like having 1ml of lip filler and a 5mm lip implant would be like having 1.5-2ml of lip filler. In patients similar to you, they would initially opt for 4mm implant, a few have decided to opt for 5mm at a later stage, but 90% are happy with the 4mm in top.

Naturally your bottom lip should be bigger than your top lip - looking at the lips as a whole, the bottom lips should be 3/4 in size and the top 1/4 in size, therefore you may decide to have a larger implant in the top than the bottom, or decide not to have an implant in the bottom.  

Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.

Lips

Your upper lip could likely be improved with the 4mm implant and then be considered for a  subnasal   liplift  at a later date. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Permalip

As a general rule, the upper lip should not be initially augmented with an implant that is bigger than 4mms. (5mms implants are difficult to place) once the lower lip is already bigger than the upper one it either needs a smaller implant or perhaps no implant at all.

What size Permalip Implant do you suggest?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is quite small compared to your lower lip and your chin is weak. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The upper lip can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.  I would use a 4mm in the upper lip and a 3 mm in the lower lip if you wanted fuller lower lips.  This would bring both lips closer to the "ideal" proportion.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.