Am I a candidate for temporary nose filers? Would that procedure help me?

I have a long shaped nose kinda of pointed down with a very rounded tip. The skin on my tip seems kind of thick to me. Would you think this would help make my nose appear slimmer?

Surgical rhinoplasty to lift the nasal tip narrow the nose

A surgical rhinoplasty is required to narrow the nasal tip and bridge line in addition to lifting the tip. Placement of fillers in the nose will only make the nose taller, larger, and wider on a temporary basis. It is also not FDA approved for that application.

What Look Do You Want?--Non-Surgical Nose Job, Facial fillers (Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm)

It's difficult to say without a picture. I recommend a formal consultation. Facial fillers (Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm) could be used to improve symmetry of the nose, but surgery would be needed for the nostrils/shape. Best, Dr. Emer

Surgical or non-surgical rhinoplasty

Fillers are most useful for correcting minor asymmetries of the nose, filling in dents in the nose, or camouflaging a dorsal hump by filling around it. Usually fillers are not going to be appropriate for correcting the features you describe. In that case, surgery may be the better option. I'd suggest seeing a surgeon with expertise in both surgical and non-surgical rhinoplasty to get the fairest assessment of what can be done.

--DCP

Pearson Facial Plastic Surgery®

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon