One Year Post Liposuction! What happens when compression garments are not advised and improperly fitted post op? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 3
Unhappy After Lipo
Every Dr's aftercare protocols will be different. If you do not use compression after liposuction you put your body at risk for increased swelling, seroma formation, and irregularities. Improperly sized garments can cause problems as well. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a body contouring expert. A revision and/or tummy tuck, ThermiRF, and fat grafting may be needed to get the results you want. Best, Dr. Emer
Liposuction - is this from no compression garments or poor ones?
Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- Your photo suggests that you had a tummy tuck, perhaps with liposuction at the sides.
- Garments are not always used after liposuction -
- We aren't sure if they change your final result.
- They should always be comfortable.
- Your photo shows a dramatic improvement.
- You have a lot of stretch marks - the issue for you may be the quality of your skin.
- I suggest you discuss your concerns with your surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD
Liposuction and compression
Not all surgeons recommend compression garments. However, improperly fitting garments( too tight) could cause a problem.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.