What's wrong with my eye and is it fixable? (Photo)

My right eye is bigger and sits up higher than my left. It's so gross and I feel like everyone notices it when they talk to me.

Facial asymmetry

Dear Tommysnatched,

Although you have provided only one image, the images you have provided his very informative.   I do not feel that you have differences in your upper eyelids and I do not feel that you have a ptosis of involving either eye.  From the image provided your left eye appears lower set than your right eye, which is called dystopia. Your left eyebrow is lower and your left eye appears to be a little bit more set into the orbit.  All these things represent the clinical condition of a subclinical hemifacial microsomia.  What does that mean?  It means that the bony skeleton around the left eye, midface, and forehead is slightly smaller than that on the right side.  Approximately 90% of people have some variant of this.  There are  multiple ways in creating greater symmetry.  Such investments could involve Botox, fillers, and even silicone implants.  I hope this helps you as you find the right answer for you.

My best,

James M.  Ridgway, M.D., FACS

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eye asymmetry

It is difficult to tell from the photo what the cause of the asymmetry is. See video below. See an oculoplastic specialist in person. In general, eye/facial asymmetries are common among everyone but it varies to extent.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid Ptosis

You have a condition called eyelid ptosis whereby the muscles that open your eyelids are weak. We have scientifically demonstrated this is more common on those who use content lenses. Your left eye is sitting slightly deeper in your eye socket and for that reason the ptosis is slightly more visible on left side. Most people have some degree eyelid asymmetry. Fortunately, this is a correctable condition and you should consult a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in correcting eyelid ptosis.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon