White and a bit of odor coming from belly button post tummy tuck (Photos)

I had an abdominal plasty on 8/7. My belly button is healing but since the scab came off, it seems odd and has white skin around and in it? My doctor told me to wash it with Dial soap using a q-tip and I have been doing that. But I don't know if they are supposed to look like this. It is also a bit sensitive to the touch.

See your surgeon to examine this

I suggest you follow up with your surgeon. It’s difficult to give you advice based on photos alone. Malodours and discharge could signify an infection, therefore it’s best if you see your surgeon.

Belly button after TT

Thank you for your question and photographs.Foul odor is a sign of infection. I would recommend that you schedule an appointment immediately with your plastic surgeon so that they can perform a physical examination and prescribe you antibiotics if necessary. You are still very early on in your recovery so it is hard to determine whether your belly button looks normal or not until you have fully healed.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon