What should I do about uneven lips after Juvederm? (Photo)

It's been two weeks and the lips aren't evening out. I don't want to go back and get my filler. So what are my options?

Uneven lips after filler injections

Thank you for sharing your question. In some cases, hyaluronidase can be used to dissolve filler in undesirable areas or filler can be added in an attempt to correct unevenness. I recommend following up with your injector to discuss your concerns. He/she should be able to evaluate your lips in person and offer one of these options. Best of luck.

Last contacted 12 hours ago

Lip filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for. 

Your options are to wait for the filler to break down (usually 6-12 months), or have it dissolved. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Last contacted 7 days ago

Filler issue

If you are not happy, you can do nothing, have it dissolved, or add more filler in the areas that appear flatter.

Last contacted 8 hours ago

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

if you are unhappy you can reverse the filler. I suggest giving it 2 weeks before making a decision.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Last contacted 42 minutes ago

What should I do about uneven lips after Juvederm?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I can see your area of concern and there are only two options available to help improve your results.  You can return to your injector to see if additional filler placement in the deficient areas of the lip can better approximate your goal appearance or have the injector dissolve the existing Juvederm in your lip to return you to your original lip size.  Hope this helps.

Last contacted 13 hours ago

Uneven lips after #Juvederm

Dear senorita8609:

A little hyaluronidase should fix this up nicely without reversing all of the correction. Although you do not want to return for more filler, your injector should be able to do this for you, and usually would not charge you.  

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Last contacted 1 day ago

Lips with bumps 2 weeks after injection

The only way to improve this is with hyaluronidase. Go to another doc if you don't want to go to the same one. After it is dissolved, a more experienced physician is recommended for your injection.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Last contacted 12 hours ago

What to do for uneven lips?

Thank you for sharing your question. The choices of treatment after 2 weeks have past from the injections are inject more filler or dissolve the filler with Hyaluronidase. See your doctor for evaluation and guidance. Good luck.

James R. Gordon, MD, FACS, FAAO
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Last contacted 19 hours ago

Massage Helps

Massage can help uneven lips after Juvederm injections.
More Juvederm can be added or Vitrasse can be used to help dissolve excess.
Dr. Denkler

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 16 days ago