Tummy tuck? (Photo)

I am not sure if my question posted. I am 42 years old and have had 3 children naturally. I have loose skin around my belly button but mostly above it. I read that a tummy tuck would be the answer to this. I feel like my skin might not be loose enough for a full tummy tuck though. I do have slight splitting of aBdominal muscles. I am 5'6" and weigh 125. I exercise regularly. What would you suggest. Thank you.

Tummy tuck?

You are in excellent shape and do not have enough skin for a standard full tummy tuck.

If you want to re[air muscle split and tighten upper abdominal skin you will need a high tummy tuck incion possible above the underpants line.

Non surgical skin tigtening such as Ulthera can help tighten skin 20%-not necessarily noticeable when you look in mirror and will do nothing for split muscle. I suggest an exam by an experienced, ethical, board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. I must say that after having three children you have maintained a very nice shape and your skin appears to have rebounded very well. Without a more detailed evaluation it is difficult to provide any specific advice as to treatment, however, you are trading scars when you undergo a surgical procedure and this may have an impact on your choice with tummy tuck type approaches. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr Kayser - Detroit / St. Clair Shores

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Cannot advise you without an exam.  I would not add a scar that would be visible even for a mini tummy tuck if there is not significant excess skin.  There are noninvasive and minimally invasive tightening devices that maybe helpful.

Tummy tuck?

Congratulations on the appearance of your abdominal wall ( you have achieved) despite three pregnancies.  Your concerns are valid; it will be difficult to give you precise advice without in person evaluation given the appearance of your abdominal wall.

For example, I would be concerned that a tummy tuck operation will leave you with a scar that is relatively high, given the current position of your umbilicus etc.

I would suggest that you seek consultation with a few well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss options in a more thorough fashion. Best wishes.

Depends on your goals

You look great standing up but some times the degree of skin laxity can be deceiving.  Best seen by a plastic surgeon to determine wether  removing the skin is worth the scar.
Best Wishes,
nana Mizuguchi

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Probably no surgery for you

You have very limited issues and don't look like you have enough loose skin to be a good tummy tuck patient. The tradeoff for the scar probably won't be worth it.

Tummy tuck?

Thank you for sending your question and photo.  An examination would be needed to fully answer your question. In viewing your photos, you would benefit from a full tummy tuck. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.  

Tummy tuck

Your pictures show signs of rectus diastasis and stretched out skin above the belly button. You will need tummy tuck to repair the abdominal muscle and remove excess skin.  

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck?

It is difficult to make a specific recommendation based on your photo alone, though some don't have enough laxity to warrant a tummy tuck procedure. Sometimes if diastasis alone is the issue correction can be had through the c-section scar though we do not float the umbillicus as there is only one place that it belongs. Fat grafting above the umbilicus might also help with the bit of laxity we do see.

Mini, reverse abdominoplasty tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and posting a picture. You may be a candidate for him mini tumma tuck Or a reverse abdominoplasty. Both of these procedures will address your muscle separation. You may get a very good results with this combination in addition to laser liposuction to provide additional skin tightening. You would need a consultation for precise recommendations.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS