What can be done with my Tummy? (photos)

There always seems to be an extra Layer of fat that makes a large buldge when I sit down. It never seems to go away no matter how much weight I loose. I am happy with my weight but not this stomach and would like some thoughts on if a tummy tuck can correct this issue? I have had 3 pregnancies gaining and loosing 50-75 lbs with each child and more recently the final 30 lbs. I am in very good shape currently training for my 3rd half marathon. Thank You

Full tummy tuck

A full tummy tuck would probably be sufficient in removing that excess fat and loose skin creating the bulge you’re concerned about when you sit down.  Muscle repair may be performed as well, as diastasis recti is a common concern for women who’ve had children. This would further flatten your stomach.  

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck a good option after multiple pregnacies

Tummy tucks are done for the exact reasons you list: Reduction of localized fat that is resistant to change with diet and exercise, tightening loose skin (which cannot be improved with exercise), and if necessary repair of a muscle separation (also not correctable with exercise.) 

Richard Baxter, MD

If it is just fat, you can have Vaser ultrasound liposuction to remove it and tighten the skin as an easier operation and recovery. If your muscles need tightening to flatten your tummy from the inside, then a tummy tuck would be a consideration.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Tummy tuck to loosen skin after three pregnancies and weight shifts.

From your photos you appear to be an excellent candidate to consider a full tummy tuck procedure with liposuction of your "grab handles."  This permits your plastic surgeon to remove excess skin and fat, contour your abdomen and tighten your abdominal muscles.  The combination of pregnancy and weight shifts stretch the skin and separate the muscles in a way that often does not respond to healthy diet and exercise.
Enjoy the video link above and do as much research as you can before selecting your plastic surgeon.  I recommend that you choose an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon and wish you best of luck.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Tummy tuck

Hi and thank you for your questions and pictures.  You appear to be a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction of your abdomen and flanks.  Unfortunately, liposuction alone will not correct the extra skin you have so best to combine with a full tummy tuck.  Best to meet in person with a plastic surgeon who can examine you in person.

Tummy tuck

Thank you for posting your question and photos.  While the pictures are not that clear, it appears that you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck combined with liposuction.  A full consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon would be the best way to proceed now that you know that you are a candidate, but only an in person examination and consultation provide you with the specifics for a procedure to best meet your expectations.  Good luck.

Isaac Starker, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Dr. Pantoja strongly suggests for you to have a tummy tuck in order to remove the extra skin and repair the abdomen muscles in order to flatten your abdomen and reduce the size of your waist. This procedure is made through a thin incision made on the lower abdomen from side to side. Recovery time is 3-4 weeks. We will also recommend to add liposuction in your full back and waist in order to shape your body better and inject some of the obtained fat into your buttocks. That way, your shape will improve a lot.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Dr derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. You are a very good candidate for a full Tummy tuck and lipo all around. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD