If I don't treat my gynecomastia, will it turn into cancer? (Photo)

im a guy in my 20s i shown you docs my pictures on my other question i wanted to know if i dont get surgery and just excercise alot and eat better but they still remain large, will it turn into cancer most likely? breast cancer? i never knew i even had this condition, i just learned of this term on my other question. and if my HGH is really low, does that mean i will age very very rapidly like an elderly or something?

If I don't treat my gynecomastia, will it turn into cancer?

Thank you for your question and photo. To set your mind at ease, there is no correlation between gynecomastia and male breast cancer. While men can get breast cancer, it is very rare. The reason to have this removed is because of the embarrassment it causes. I recommend seeing a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and learn of the options. Best wishes  

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia Does Not Predispose One to Breast Cancer

Gynecomastia itself does not predispose one to an increase
risk of developing breast cancer. 
However, there is an increased incidence of both gynecomastia and male
breast cancer in populations of men with abnormally elevated ratios of female
hormone (estrogen) to male hormones (testosterone), thus the two conditions are
somewhat related as far as risk factors are concerned. 

Gynecomastia and Breast Cancer

It is a common misconception that gynecomastia and male breast are related. The two conditions have nothing to do with one another, and having enlarged breasts does not directly increase your chances of developing cancer. The motivation behind having a gynecomastia surgery is cosmetic, not medical necessity; the main reason patients pursue a gynecomastia surgery is to feel more confident in their skin and to eliminate any embarrassment associated with enlarged breasts. 

Miguel Delgado, MD

Gynecomastia and cancer

Gynecomastia will not turn into breast cancer. Not for your to worry. Without knowing the results of all the other hormone levels I cannot really comment on a low HGH (which I assume you are referring to Human Growth Hormone). You certainly see an endocrinologist for the best explanation.

Gynecomastia and breast cancer

Simply stated, there is no known link between gynecomastia and breast cancer. Breast cancer is very rare in males and you are not putting yourself at risk by not having surgery for your gynecomastia.

Paul B. Mills, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Good question

Men can develop breast cancer and when it happens (rarely) it can be quite aggressive. There is no evidence that gynecomastia increases your risk of this rare cancer. Gynecomastia correction is usually done because of the embarrassment of male breasts and the restrictions that imposes. The procedure should be discussed with a board certified plastic surgeon who does these on a regular basis. There are older techniques still being practiced which leave excessive scars and that can be just as problematic as the original gynecomastia.

Donald W. Kress, MD, FACS
Frederick Plastic Surgeon

Breast Cancer?

Hello. Cancer is rare in males, but an annual physical with your physician is a good start to screen for this pathology. An endocrinologist (a specialist in hormone function) will be the best physician to look for in order to resolve the Hormone imbalances and to treat any conditions. 

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon