How come nobody ever talks about male liposuction? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 15
Both men and women can benefit from liposuction.
Rise in Male Liposuction
I have many male patients who want to improve the contour of their upper/lower abdomen, flanks, shins, male breasts, and the submental area (chin, cheek, and jowls). I specialize in tumescent liposuction using local anesthesia and smaller microcannulas for smoother results. If you want more information regarding the technique please go to the link below.
Please note that liposuction is a method to improve shape and not a form of weight loss. Good luck in your research and procedure.
Hi Definition Body Shaping -- Get VASER HI DEF with Fat Transfer
You might also like...
Men like liposuction
Liposuction in men
Best of luck!
Approximately 10% of my clients are men.
The most common areas treated are in order chest, abdomen and chin. Not all people regardless of gender are good candidates for liposuction.
Liposuction does one thing only.
It removes subcutaneous fat.
That is the fat layer between the skin and muscles.
For individuals who have excess subcutaneous fat in undesirable areas liposuction can be the ideal treatment.
Often however patients will have other issues as well limiting the potential effectiveness of liposuction.
For men this is typically intra-abdominal fat on the abdomen.
This is the deep fat layer around the intestines and cannot be removed with liposuction.
Male chest liposuction works very well for men who have tight skin.
Loose skin in any area will limit the potential improvement through liposuction.
I suggest you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon if you're interested in getting more information or an accurate assessment to see if you may be a candidate for this procedure.
Mats Hagstrom M.D.
Liposuction for men
- Liposuction is done on men and women - there is little gender difference.
- Men with belly fat may not get a good result, if most of the fat is internal.
- Men have thicker skin - and so are less prone to irregular results.
- Please do not go to the DR for cosmetic surgery -
- There are disturbing reports about infection and quality of surgery in the DR specifically -
- Surgery requires good post-operative care - that you can only get near home.
- Find a plastic surgeon near you whom you feel you can trust and have a consultation to see if liposuction is the right procedure for you.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Liposuction in males is performed technically the same as it is in females.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.