How come nobody ever talks about male liposuction? (Photo)

Us men would like to have liposuction, but no one ever discuss this issue. I am very interested in lipo. I have been told I should go to the DR, but they too have nothing online about male liposuction. Help?

Both men and women can benefit from liposuction.

Growing numbers of men are seeking procedures like liposuction to feel confident and comfortable in their own skin. Liposuction for men can define abdominal muscles, sculpt the torso, enhance the upper arm definition and help to treat a double chin. I advise against traveling abroad for plastic surgery, as it can be difficult to ensure a safe procedure and optimal results. If you’re considering liposuction, work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who will help guide you through the process and tailor a procedure to meet your unique goals. RealSelf.com has a search feature that can help you to find plastic surgeons near you. Good luck!

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Rise in Male Liposuction

Hi Bigboi. Thank you for your question. The increase for men to have cosmetic procedures are on the rise as reported by the American Society of Plastic Surgery.

I have many male patients who want to improve the contour of their upper/lower abdomen, flanks, shins, male breasts, and the submental area (chin, cheek, and jowls). I specialize in tumescent liposuction using local anesthesia and smaller microcannulas for smoother results. If you want more information regarding the technique please go to the link below.

Please note that liposuction is a method to improve shape and not a form of weight loss. Good luck in your research and procedure.

Jeffrey A. Klein, MD
San Juan Capistrano Dermatologic Surgeon

Hi Definition Body Shaping -- Get VASER HI DEF with Fat Transfer

This is something I do in my practice daily.  I suggest finding a VASER HI DEF body shaping physician that knows about male aesthetics.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Men like liposuction

I see a lot of men for liposuction.  It is a very different operation for men than for women.  Men have tougher more fibrous fat.  Women often have worse skin tone.  Vaser liposuction is much more useful for men.  Smartlipo is more so for women.  Men want muscle contours defined.  Women tend to want curves.  There are lots of differences. Let me know if you have specific questions b

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction in men

Liposuction is as effective in men as it is in women. The most common areas that men are interested in are the love handles, the chest, the abdomen and the double chin. Excess weight can compromise the results of liposuction. It is best to be at or not too far from your ideal body weight to get the best results. A lot of loose skin will also compromise the results because liposuction will not tighten sagging skin. If you're interested in exploring whether liposuction is a good solution for you, please consult a board-certified dermatologic surgeon in your area. Dermatologic surgeons are trained in the tumescent technique of liposuction - the safest technique with the quickest recovery. Visit the website for the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (asds.net) to access a directory by zip code.

Renuka Diwan, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Male liposuction

I perform a lot of liposuction, and I would say that about 10-15% are men.  Commonly the abdomen, love handles, and chest are treated. Best of luck.

Liposuction

Thank you for your question and photo.  Liposuction for males is a procedure that is performed quite often at my practice.  I suggest that you seek out a US board-certified plastic surgeon to have a consultation to discuss what you could realistically expect from this procedure.  Be sure that during your search, you look at surgeon's before and after photos as well as patient reviews.

Male liposuction

My practice is exclusively devoted to body contouring using various forms of liposuction and fat transfer.

Approximately 10% of my clients are men.

The most common areas treated are in order chest, abdomen and chin. Not all people regardless of gender are good candidates for liposuction.

Liposuction does one thing only.

It removes subcutaneous fat.

That is the fat layer between the skin and muscles.

For individuals who have excess subcutaneous fat in undesirable areas liposuction can be the ideal treatment.

Often however patients will have other issues as well limiting the potential effectiveness of liposuction.

For men this is typically intra-abdominal fat on the abdomen.

This is the deep fat layer around the intestines and cannot be removed with liposuction.

Male chest liposuction works very well for men who have tight skin.
Loose skin in any area will limit the potential improvement through liposuction.

I suggest you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon if you're interested in getting more information or an accurate assessment  to see if you may be a candidate for this procedure.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction for men

Thank you for asking about your liposuiction.

• Liposuction is done on men and women - there is little gender difference.
  • Men with belly fat may not get a good result, if most of the fat is internal.
  • Men have thicker skin - and so are less prone to irregular results.
  • Please do not go to the DR for cosmetic surgery -
  • There are disturbing reports about infection and quality of surgery in the DR specifically -
  • Surgery requires good post-operative care - that you can only get near home.
  • Find a plastic surgeon near you whom you feel you can trust and have a consultation to see if liposuction is the right procedure for you.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction in males is performed technically the same as it is in females.

Males have fat distribution different from females. However when area with surplus fat is to be treated by liposuction the technique is identical in a male or female.