Still swollen for bad injections? (Photo)

I received lip injections (Juvederm ULTRA) 5 days ago. The swelling has gone down a lot. Now there are several spots along my lips with bumps/bubbles, all different in size. One of which is creating this funny hole in my smile. Is this normal even after 5 days? They did say there would be some but would flatten out. The Dr. Did massage them after but had told me not to do it myself. I'm just afraid I'm going to have to get it fixed and pay for an entire additional syringe.

Juvederm Filler Botox Toronto

It takes 2 weeks to see how your injection results will turn out. Be patient. When in doubt, speak with your treating physician.

The foregoing information provided is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only.
You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Lip filler and bumps

Bumps after lip fillers should improve after one week. If it doesn't, then the area may be removed with hyaluronidase injections. I would followup with your physician.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

I suggest waiting 1-2 weeks and if unhappy please reverse the filler.  See your dermatologist for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip Injections

It appears that there is some asymmetry which may need to be corrected.  The small nodules should be able to be massaged out.  You should return to your treating physician for examination. Best, Dr. Green

Swollen and nodules after lip injection

I would discuss with your injecting doc. More filler might be needed, your bottom lip looks too big in relationship to your tip lip. Nodules can usually be massaged out.  See link

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Sweling after lip filler

It is very difficult to determine what's going on without pre-procedure photographs.  However, here is some general advice.  If the filler is a bit malpositioned it is possible to massage the material into a better shape and/or location within the first couple of weeks after injection.  Also, the bumps/bubbles you're experiencing may be herpes virus flare up...which is pretty common with lip injections. For these two reasons I advise you to revisit yous plastic surgeon ASAP.  Even if you do require a bit more filler for correction, it's best to wait a few weeks anyway because it takes that long for most swelling to resolve.  Hope this answer helps you out.

Pedro Vieira, MD
East Brunswick General Surgeon