Is my right side bottoming out? (photos)

I had a BA end of may 2016. My left side developed CC by July (although I had notice it before then). I am going in for a revision soon. My other concern is that my right side is now beginning to bottom out. You can see in my pictures the progression from august to October.

Bottoming out

Thank you for your question. One breast has a capsule contracture, this shows the implant riding high. The other implant appears to be in perfect position. Best of luck with your revision.

Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Capsule contracture

Your surgeon will be able to tell you his findings after your surgery.  Your Surgeon will give you options to help minimize the contracture returning.  

The opposite breast does not show signs of "bottoming out".  Bottoming out refers to the distance, below the nipple/areola, lengthening too much and there are procedures that can be used to correct that problem.

David M. Creech, MD
Chandler Plastic Surgeon

Implant issue

I do not see bottoming out. If you have a CC on the one side this might contribute to the slightly elevated appearance of the implant.

Implants

It is difficult to tell from the photo if your right side is bottoming out or if it is slight tissue laxity. Since you are having the left side revised, you should have the right evaluated by your plastic surgeon to determine if any revision is indicated during the same procedure.

Bottoming out and capsular contracture.

Thank you for your question.   I think you right implant is fine.  The left implant is sitting higher than it should from the capsular contracture. It normally takes 4-6 months for you to get your final results with implant.

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Is my right side bottoming out?

Without seeing your "before" pictures, it is hard to say if you are bottoming out. Best to discuss with your surgeon.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast implant - bottoming out?

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.

• I am so sorry you had an early capsular contracture - 
  • Your photo does suggest you may be bottoming out - because of the shadow I can't be 100% sure.
  • You need to see your surgeon about this before the capsular contracture surgery.
  • Correction of the bottoming out should be done at the same time - it requires restoration of a weak breast crease.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS