Is it possible to get rhinoplasty on my unique nose? (Photos)

I've attached photos with light editing and I'm wondering if it's possible to get my nose fixed? It's crooked at the bridge as well as at the bottom nostril area, and the bump is very prominent. It hurts and makes it a bit hard to breath and looks terrible! I've been wanting to get it done for years now and I'm wondering how many procedures it would take, as well as the cost and benefits vs drawbacks. I've read many horror stories of people with hook noses getting it done!

I think we can do better with your morph...

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

I lowered the hump, I brought the tip a tiny bit back closer to your face, and I also elevated the tip of your nose. When a bump is taken down, it often makes the nose look longer, as if the tip has dropped, so it's important to pay attention to that area, so the nose can look as nice as possible after surgery.

Elevating the tip also gives us more opportunities surgically to straighten frontal crookedness: if the tip is being elevated, it is more possible to also move it closer to the center. Elevating the tip can also help with breathing, in addition to any work done on the inside of the nose to help the breathing.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon. As you say, there are indeed lots of horror stories after surgery, but it's mostly because the vast majority of plastic surgeons get inadequate training in the rhinoplasty operation, which is the hardest of the plastic surgery procedures.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. Then, he must show you before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible to get rhinoplasty on my unique nose?

Greetings

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

If you don't like the outside appearance of your nose the first place to start is to consult with an experienced Board Certified experiences Rhinoplasty surgeon who can explore the possibilities with you.  Best of luck. 

Rhinoplasty for the unique nose

The photographs demonstrate a crooked nose and a dorsal hump which can both be addressed with a closed rhinoplasty approach which involves making all of the sessions on the inside of the nose. Osteotomies will be required to be placed in nasal bones to straighten them. A spreader graft will be needed to be placed under the concave upper lateral cartilage in the midportion of the nose. A tip rhinoplasty can address straightening  the nasal tip. The dorsal hump can be removed which is composed of both bone and cartilage. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Performing a rhinoplasty to improve the appearance and to correct a deviation is possible. Best to be seen in person. Good luck.

Rhinoplasty

While your nose is unique to you, our nasal problems are not rare. The hardest thing to correct on your nose is the deviation but the hump and tip area are more predictable. The key to correcting your nose is to disassemble it from the septum up on the inside and then straighten it. The risk of revisional rhinoplasty is real and is not rare but if well done and your tissues heal properly it could be just one surgery

Nose hump and deviation

The main flaws with your nose include deviation to the left, large hump and too narrow of angle between your lip and your nose. A conservative rhinoplasty would be very much beneficial to your face and as long as your surgery is done by someone experienced it is extremely likely that you only would need one surgery. 

Good luck.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from spreader grafts and a septal reset to help straighten your nose. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD