What can I do to remove the darkness and hollowness caused by voluma injections under my eyes?

May 12,2014 I was injected with Voluma in my under eyes for darkness. Soon after I was left for DEAD or at least looking like I was auditioning for the part of Lurch in the next Adams Family movie. To date i had a dissolvent under my left eye where there was a nodule formed, bleaching cream, and had 6 glycolic peels, I am still left with not only darkness under my eyes but looks like they are sinking. Or at least it appears that way with the darkness. THANK YOU!

Removing Voluma

I would return to your practitioner to discuss your options for the areas that you don't like after waiting a couple weeks for swelling to resolve... this includes hyaluronidase to reverse the filler.

My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Darkness under the Eyes

It is very difficult to ascertain from the photo what is causing the continued under eye darkness.  I would consult a board certified dermatologist to examine your eyes.  Perhaps there is still Voluma product under the eye area.  If the darkness is being caused by the injections there would be away to treat this.  A better under eye filler such as Belotero might hide the discoloration.  Best, Dr. Green

What can I do to remove the darkness under my eyes = fat injections #fb #darkcircles #filllers

"Dark circles" under the eyes are usually secondary to thinking of the soft tissues under the eye's lower lids, that allow the veins under the eyes to be seeing ( veins carry non-oxigneated blood that is dark compared with oxygenated bright red blood).

In some cases, the application of hyaluronic acid based fillers like Voluma, restylane, etc, it may improve the appearance of the 
"dark circles" by increasing the "thickens" of the area ( increase of volume)  and therefore creating an optical illusion that the circles are improved. However, sometimes the "darkness under the eyes" doesn't improve, very likely because the filler is transparent ( allowing the dark color to be seeing through the skin).

Patients who have had suboptimal results of "dark circle" improvement with hyaluronic acid fillers may improve their appearance with fat injections. Fat could correct the hollowness under the eyes. Additionally, since the fat has "normal" soft tissue color" it will cover the veins under the eyes  therefore addressing the "dark circles" under the eyes

Patients interested in  fat transfer under the eyes should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in cosmetic procedure of the face

John Mesa MD
New York City (#NYC) & New Jersey (#NJ)

John Mesa, MD